A rather hilarious dialogue when Hitler ask those roadie to
leave the room.
leave the room.
"Those of you that have been riding your skinny tire sissy bikes with you gay shaved legs, get out. Now." - Hitler in Hitler
Having said that, I was building up a road bike and about to become a roadie myself. Minus the gay shaved legs.
The making of Skinny Bitch
1. From bare frame, fit the headset & fork.
2. Fitted brake caliper, wheelset (not yet service), crankset, FD, RD, seatpost saddle, handlebar & brake/shifter lever.
3. Fitted the brake cables
1. Serviced rear hub, apply new grease.
1. Fitted shifter cables. Harsh shifting for FD. RD shifting doesn't work
2. Steerer tube too short.
Loose bearing of rear hub
A handle too low for a road bike
1. Fixed my boo boo previous day causing the RD didn't shift.
2. Bianchi fork replaced with Trigon.Issue
From 1" steerer tube to 1 1/8" thus cannot use Deda 1" stem.
Probably need new complete headset.
Going for 1 1/8" from 1" steerer tube.
1. Fitted stem from Shogun
2. Fitted chain
3. Fitted worn shifter hood
4. RD/FD tuning
5. Test run on trainer
Shifting test run on a trainer
On the road test by Shaque, Zali & Pak Abas.
1. Adjusted saddle height, saddle to stem length, saddle angle.
Issues need to be addessed
1. On large cog (cassette), spokes are slapping the RD's cage. Need spacer on freehub
2. A little freeplay on crank due to BB. Will replace with spare BB.
3. A little short cable casing for rear brake. Will replace
4. FD need more tuning.
5. Tire desperately need replacement.
Fixed the following.
1. Replace BB with Ultegra
2. Spacer on freehub didn't work. The smallest cog can't firmly engage on freehub's spline. Solution: shorten the chain by 1 link resulted RD's cage extended lower than before and better clearance from spokes.
3. Replaced rear brake cable casing.
4. FD tuned, still can't get the perfection.
Skinny Babe test rides Skinny Bitch
My first attempt to fit a bartape.
Test ride to HOA, Gombak.