Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Of the long silence

My P1 broadband was pathetic.  Uploading a resized photo to picasaweb took ages, if it ever made it in a very rare occasion.  So here's my consolidated updates: -

Of new newbie

I bought 13" Proton T-Blaze from BBS for my son who seems hardly earn much height to ride my 16" Scott.  I took him for a ride once at Kepong Metro Park, then FRIM, and lastly a trip to my parent's house, some 15km away from our house.

Of upgrading Proton T-Blaze

Stock 6 speed rear upgraded to 9 speed SRAM X4 gripshift.  V-brake wheelset swapped for a better one from Scott while crankset replaced with Truvativ FiveD.  There you are.. a much better setup for my beloved son.

Of newbie at Kepong Metro Park

He did 3 rounds before I took him for climbing and descending lesson at his chewable size. All seems good and ready for a trail trip in FRIM.

From Newbie skill class

From Newbie skill class


Of newbie at FRIM
On trail, shifting seems a bit harder for him to digest.  Wrong gearing seems his common mistake however he managed to make it to Steroid junction.  I bumped into Pak Adib, Maher (Pak Adib's son), Sufino, and BC Kelolo.  Somehow FRIM was a bit too much for him, for now.

Of newbie on my memory lane
I cycled to my parent's house a number of time, alone.  This time around, I took my newbie along on nice Saturday afternoon.  Even within low vehicular traffic can be challenging for a 10 years old.  I was tailgating and gave instruction from time to time to ensure his safety.  I chose backyard route whenever possible and push the bikes on those 2 to 3 lanes crossings.

Of being beaten by a girl
I was beaten by Azealea.  She did pretty well on recent KLMBH hash at Sungai Buaya, Rawang.  I'm currently motivated on getting back to my fitness level.

Of diarrhea and low blood pressure
I had mild diarrhea and upon checked up by GP, my blood pressure measured at 90/60.  As a result, the GP asked me to keep my exercise not more than 120bpm heart rate.  Kinna devastating shall I keep 120bpm on my cycling workout since at my peak reached 180bpm.  I decided to give it a try quit smoking (again? I lost count of my fail attempts).  A few days later I recovered and did a check on my parent's home BP set, it was on healthy 118/75.  Nice!

Father undergo coronary artery bypass
On 6th March, my beloved father admitted to Hospital Serdang for Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG).  The surgery on 9th March went well and he's recovering progressively.  Alhamdulillah.
In 1 occasion when I was bathing him, memories as per mother iteration on how much he loves us.  Abah went to the extend sucking our running nose when we didn't know how to blow it our own.  He would just use him decent shoes while we had shoes of twice the cost for raya.  He's the one who put family on top of his personal priority.  I love you Abah.

No comments: