I bought my version of SLK (Small Little Kancil) few weeks back. It's 850cc and manual transmission. After a few much-needed fix, I start clocking the FC just for the record. Roughly I gained about 15km per liter for town driving (15% of the time with aircon).
Last weekend, I took the whole family to wife's kampung (180km away from KL). With full load of human, aircon all the way, maintaining 3000rpm (merely over 80km/h on PLUS highway!).
Result (as oppose to our mini MPV)
1. Better FC (18km/liter as oppose to 11km/liter)
1. Travelling time (30 minutes more)
2. Wife suffers backpain (seat has no lumbar support)
3. Kids wrestle for the right of their butt space
4. Being treated like a 3rd class citizen by those luxury cars & evo/impreza wannabe zooming left (on emergency lane) and right