Sunday, December 7, 2008

Langkap to Pasir Salak

Yours truly
Photo of me doing 40km trip to Pasir Salak on Spesh. More photos once I reach civilisation with Internet access.

Finally, the keyboard version
I woke up early however muscle pain on my thigh a bit hesitate to cooperate with the plan. The plan was to do tarmac to Kompleks Sejarah Pasir Salak, 40km away from Langkap and return. After ding-dong with the decision, I drag my feet to proceed with the plan.

I left at about 10:30am, the weather looks promising with no sign of rain. Cranking at about 27km/h and trying to keep it up since the route almost flat. Saw a few stopover to serve my appetite however decided that it wasn't a good idea to have lemang, neither coconut water during this somewhat long journey.

Almost flat tarmac

Signage to my destination

By 12:30pm, I reached Kompleks Sejarah Pasir Salak. My plan to visit this historical place was hampered by the security guard who refused to let me safely park my Spesh beside the guard post. I believed that he was just carrying out his duty as per instruction and directed me to the information counter to ask for permission to park within the vicinity. Unprepared with proper lock, I decided to shelf the original idea instead I snapped a few photos below.

Solar clock

Terowong Sejarah

Observation tower: A view over Sungai Perak

Sungai Perak: A view from a bridge

Next plan... Langkap to Lumut, 90km. End December.

No comments: