Thursday, September 2, 2010
I got this saddle with bent rail from Azmi.
And I got this saddle with worn off skin from Shaque.
Skinned Shaque's saddle then wrap with skin from Azmi's and this is the result!
What happened in between..
1. Clean the padding surface
2. Apply glue on the middle first (an inch stripe from front to rear) as this would be your baseline to properly align the skin to the padding.
3. Apply continuous pressure with your thumb and leave it cure for about 5 minutes.
1. Apply glue one side at a time and stretch the skin towards the edge of the saddle’s base.
2. Apply continuous pressure with your thumb and leave it cure for about 5 minutes.
1. Use staple gun with 6mm staple
2. Keep stretching the skin before firing the staple gun. Ensure perfect shot as multiple error may tear the saddle skin or even our own flesh.
1. pleat where the saddle’s base curve edge and staple more on those sharp curve.
1. for those impossible to reach by staple gun use glue and apply greater pressure with paper clip as seen in the photo.
1. Take note that pleat not require on straight edge.